First aid in case of cardiac arrest, incl. AED (defibrillator)
- The four main steps of first aid
- Diagnostic methods
- Levels of consciousness
- The chain of survival and concepts
- First aid for unconscious person who is breathing normally, incl. clearing/opening airway and recovery position
- First aid for unconscious person who is not breathing normally, incl. CPR and defibrillator (AED)
- Symptoms of conditions that can induce cardiac arrest
- First aid in case of foreign bodies in airways
- First aid in case of stroke (brain haemorrhage or thrombosis)
- Lifting a person in an emergency situation
- Handing over to ambulance staff
All course materials needed will be provided by Beredskabsgruppen. Course diplomas will be submitted electronically upon completing and passing the course.
As there will be hands-on exercises carried out on the floor, wearing fit for purpose practical clothing that allows for free movement is encouraged.